Every Aspire delegate must have a ‘sponsor’ – ideally their line manager or someone with the skills and knowledge to provide support and constructive feedback, particularly in relation to the project work.
The sponsor should be able to;
- be a sounding board in relation to their action learning project and their reflection topics between modules,
- offer advice and support to help the delegate meet the challenging commitments of Aspire,
- give a personal perspective to support the delegate in pragmatically applying the learning back in the work place,
- be a sounding board and offer advice to the delegate in relation to the presentation they will deliver at the Celebration Day, and
- show support by attending the Celebration Day and by giving evaluative feedback on the day itself.
Sponsors are asked to sign an agreement (pdf) to confirm their commitment to support the delegate and attend the Celebration Day.